What We Do: Overview
We strive to build a vibrant Korean American community in the greater Bay Area where the lives of those who are most vulnerable, disadvantaged, and under-served are uplifted and strengthened. KACF-SF is committed to making a difference by:
- Raising awareness of needs and issues in our community in order to bring attention and new resources to address those needs.
- Providing grants and capacity-building assistance to community-based organizations working to improve the lives of our most vulnerable neighbors. Our current funding priority areas are: physical and mental health; senior care and empowerment; safety; and youth empowerment.
- Fostering philanthropic giving among Korean Americans by providing our supporters with an effective vehicle to magnify the impact of their giving and to build lasting connections across generations and communities.
"KACF-SF's support enables us to address fundamental issues of raising the profile of the Korean community, securing adequate resources from public and private sources, and building community capacity to ensure program efficacy. We appreciate that KACF-SF approaches its relationship with community-based organizations from a partnership perspective by engaging at higher levels of organizational empowerment."
- June Lee, Executive Director, Korean American Community Center of East Bay
"The Foundation has a very clear vision and mission and they've been doing an amazing job for our community. With KACF-SF funding, we strengthened our organizational capacity and increased the quality of our services and programs. I believe KACF-SF and KACS can work and grow together to increase the quality of life for the Korean Americans community in this area. "
- Eunice Chun, Executive Director, Korean American Community Services
"KACF-SF helps Asian Health Services to uncover health needs in the Korean American community and to deepen our outreach and services to the community. KACF-SF is also impacting philanthropy, reaching important community organizations that are very small and not on the radar of the foundation world and government entities. Partnering with KACF-SF, we can do so much more together!"
- Sherry Hirota, CEO, Asian Health Services